Hi,

on Monday, February 20, 2006 at 12:57 wsg@webstandardsgroup.org wrote:

> A far more fundamental group of people (which I already mentioned
> in my first email on this discussion) is of course that of
> the clients who pay for web design/development.

That's one point.

The other problem that I face frequently is, that I try to build
websites that look good at at least 800x600px and flow to more or less
1000px width at default font-size. I set the max-width for maintaining
the readability of the main content.

At the small resolution, I'll get problems to fit the content to the
layout if I don't reduce the font-size (at least in navigation or
extra columns).

But ok, let me make a first start for best practices regarding
font-sizes:

- Don't reduce the main font-size to less than 80% of the default
  font-size. Try to keep it at 100%.

- Let the layout grow/shrink with the font-size or ensure that there
  is enough space to enlarge the font-size to 150%.

Any corrections/additions?

regards

  Martin