Just a followup - in case anyone else was following this thread. I found
a really informative page that expands on the answers provided on this
list: http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/03/19/dive-into-xml.html

I've also discovered (after trying to figure out why the W3C Validator
kept saying my MIME type was text/html) that you need to ensure that the
server has it's MIME types setup properly so that the document is
delivered to the client as application/xhtml+xml.

PaulH

This information is intended for the addressee only. The use, copying or
distribution of this message or any information it contains, by anyone other
than the addressee is prohibited by the sender.

Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Council.