Actually to reply to to Jan first. There is (or was) a WSG group here in
Austin. At least as of
SXSW 2005. They had a big party over at Frog Design. Great group of folks. I'm
on a mailing or
invite for the monthly meeting. Have been traveling and you know according to
Murphy's law I will
always be on the road during the monthly meeting. I'll dig up the site or email
and pass it on to
the folks here in Austin.

As for the question what is this...SXSW?

Wow I've never quite had to answer this to another Texan. Try this link
http://2006.sxsw.com/interactive/

SXSW started as a music only festival back in the 1980s. The Film and
Interactive (that's us web
and UI folks) came later in the 1990s. It's a 4-day get together were we attend
panels to hear
about thing people are doing. Sort of a trade show but not for any one vendor.
Last year the
keynote speakers were Jeffry Zeldman (in person) and Malcom Gladwell (Tipping
point and Blink
author). Also in attendance were Eric Meyer, Doug Bowman, Andy Budd, Jerremy
Keith. The folks from
down under from WestCiv who make an excellent CSS tool, Style Master. Sorry for
the name dropping
there.

Anyway it's really a lot of fun.

P-