Greetings Friends,

A topic I haven't seen posted here yet, that I feel is relevant when it comes to working to have a standard way of doing things.

When it comes to website directory structure, I'm curious to know how you gurus out there set up yours.

I myself, have been using this set up:

root web folder
-images
-main.htm
-events.htm
-bio.htm
etc, etc

Recently I was hired to do some cleanup on a site I hadn't built and the directory was set up like:

root web folder
-main
--images
--main.htm
-events
--images
--events.htm
-bio
--images
--bio.htm
etc, etc

Looking at these two layouts, I first notice that the 2nd layout has multiple images folders, one for each page in fact. This sort of organizes the images better, but now there's images all over the place.

How do YOU set up your directories?

Joseph R. B. Taylor
Sites by Joe, LLC
http://sitesbyjoe.com