Donna Jones wrote:
> hi everyone:  i have some pop-ups that are part of a fairly old design
> and have been working on updating the code as i go.
>
> i've used onblur="window.close(); (in the body tag) to have the pop-up
> close after it loses focus, but Tidy says, "onblur" is proprietary and
> doesn't like it.  is there something i can use instead?

I'd suggest avoiding closing the window when it looses the focus
altogether. Last time I encountered something like that I couldn't make
use of the window at all - not everybody uses click-to-focus, and since
focus-follows-mouse caused windows between the mouse pointer and the
popup to gain the focus as the mouse travelled to the popup to gain the
focus as it passed over them, it wasn't possible to get from the link to
the window before it closed!

--
David Dorward                               <http://dorward.me.uk/>