This might seem obvious, but have you considered combining them into a single image, and adding them as a single background to the OL instead?

On 17/05/2007, at 7:25 PM, Paul Collins wrote:

Hi all,

I recently had to add numerical bullet point graphics to an OL. This
meant I had to add an individual class and style to each bullet point
for each image, which can add up when you've got 20 bullets. I was
wondering, does anyone know more clever way of doing this in some kind
of a CSS loop, without using Jscript?!

Example:

CSS
li.bullet1 {background:url(images/bullet1.gif} no-repeat;}
li.bullet2 {background:url(images/bullet2.gif} no-repeat;}

HTML
<li class="bullet1">lorem ipsum</li>
<li class="bullet2">lorem ipsum</li>

Cheers