On 2007/06/02 11:06 (GMT+0100) Designer apparently typed:

> Sparked partly by the recent discussions on elasticity, I've been
> attempting to put together a 'template', based on em's and with a
> max-width.  I've used an expression for max-width in IE <7 (pinched from
> Georg!). I've tested it in FF1.5, IE6 IE7, Opera 9, and Netscape 4.02.
> To accommodate the latter I've used a simple table instead of floating,
> but ignore this please - my main concern at this point is that the
> basics work without falling apart in other browsers.

> If you have time to do a check and comment I'd be really grateful.  The
> links are dummies, apart from 'projects'.  You can see it at:

> http://www.marscovista.fsnet.co.uk/newtemplate/template.html

I only looked in IE7 & FF. Pretty good, although the line lengths are on the
long side of what I like, and the text is too small.

http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/auth/Sites/ksc/dancesrqb.html is the same basic
layout, but without breaking IE's font resizer, with no special treatment for
antique browsers, and without disrespecting the
visitor's choice of font size.
--
"Respect everyone."     I Peter 2:17 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409