Michael MD wrote:
> Speaking of Mac browsers -
> a friend called me on the weekend and said he can't find anything
> newer than IE5 for OS9 but won't upgrade to OSX because it would be
> way too slow on his G3. (and he doesn't have the money to buy a new
> machine)
> now that is something to think about!

I ran into this problem a year or two ago, and the local sys admin explained
that my best bet would probably be to use Netscape for Mac OS 9 instead.  I
ended up installing IE, Netscape and iCab and then switched back and forth
depending on which site would work with which browser.

It looks like you can actually get Netscape 7.02 for OS 9 (Mac PowerPC),
which, while buggy, would still probably be better than IE5 in most cases:
http://browser.netscape.com/downloads/archive/

Phil.