On 2007/08/03 21:14 (GMT+0100) Patrick H. Lauke apparently typed:

> Nick Fitzsimons wrote:

>> On 3 Aug 2007, at 16:08:55, Rick Lecoat wrote:

>> When dealing with this the other year, I came up with this solution
>> requiring an additional div, which happened to be there anyway:

>> body {
>>    font-size: 125%; /* bump it up to 20px, assuming browser starts at
>> 16px */
>> }

>> div#wrapper {
>>    font-size: 50%; /* and back down to 10px */
>> }

> You could also save yourself the wrapper by doing the first declaration
> on the "html" element, and the second on the "body"

> html { font-size: 125%; }
> body { font-size: 50%; }

>> (Still falls foul of a minimum font-size set in the browser preferences,
>> though.)

> I wouldn't say it "falls foul". If a user has set a minimum size, then a
> page should heed that. It still *respects* minimum font-size settings.

http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/Clagnut/eonsSS.html demonstrates the meaning of
"falls foul" in such cases.

The same also applies when a user has applied a rudimentary user stylesheet
(containing only 'body {font-size: medium !important}' or equivalent). A
slightly more elaborate one adding e.g. td, dd, p, div, li, pre, code,
textarea to body generally falls foul also, as so many authors apply their
CSS to classes and ids instead of simply elements.
--
"   It is impossible to rightly govern the world without
God and the Bible."                    George Washington

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409