Hi all,

Half of this is a plug and half of this is a call for testing and suggestions for improvement.

I've been developing a command panel for Fireworks that generates the HTML and CSS for a horizontal menu that uses the sprite-background technique for hover/active states. Obvious examples being http://veerle.duoh.com/ and http://www.apple.com. It's a simple enough technique but can involve a few fiddly calculations and is not exactly fun, the plugin essentially makes the whole process much faster.

I've only been able to test this on a couple of my own examples so there's probably a few bugs that i'm keen to track down.

I'm mostly looking for input on the quality of the outputted HTML and CSS, I think I've done it fairly well but another set (or sets) of eyes might spot something I've missed. The obvious accessibility issue is that I'm hiding the text but everything else seems alright to me.

Basically you load your navigation matrix image in Fireworks, add guides to separate the different menu items and states then run the plugin - more information at http://www.andrewingram.net/articles/generating_sprite_navigation_from_fireworks/ if you want to try it out.

I was hoping to make this for Photoshop too but there are some annoying limitations.

Thanks

- Andrew Ingram