The argument that providing reasonable access for blind/vision-impaired
visitors/customers implies an equal need to provide translations into every
language on the planet is a straw man.  Last time I looked, the inability to
speak English was not a disability (in any legal sense) although it's
certainly a disadvantage in Australia! I don't know of anywhere that
requires businesses to provide services in anything other than the official
language/s of the country.

Target apparently provided discounts that were available only online.  They
built their site in a way which made those discounts inaccessible to blind
people and refused to change the site when the problem was politely pointed
out to them. An equivalent bricks-and-mortar equivalent would perhaps be to
offer discount vouchers that were not available to people in wheelchairs.

If you could rely on businesses to act in a non-discriminatory way because
otherwise a group of their potential customers would shop elsewhere,
anti-discrimination legislation would not be necessary.  And no-one would
ever miss out on a job for which they were the best-qualified applicant
merely because of their gender/ ethnic background/ sexuality etc etc etc.

Elizabeth
www.spiegelweb.com.au