Simon Cockayne wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I'd like bother browser to behave the same.
>
> I can se select() ot maybe change the value of the field to be "".
>
> But...the HTML is generated...which means a program change...whereas
> the javascript is handcoded...so that is the easier change...that's
> all.

Hi Simon

ok, so I take it your problem is that the field is being generated on
the server and inserting unwanted space in the value which then causes
this issue, so ideally you need to remove the whitespace from the value?

If thats the case then really the server side should be changed to not
do it in the first place.
If thats not possible then just use javascript to set the value to an
empty string:
document.getElementById('form1').fld1.value = ""

If you want the whitespace in there for some reason but want the cursor
in the same place in both browsers then thats a different matter. Maybe
you could clarify this?

--
Chris Knowles