on the topic of skip links and semantic styling, and to add to the mix of usability, accessibility and getting into the habit of best practice,

Accessibility is not just for the impaired, it is also for people who access through different devices where CSS has not been styled to suite what is being looked at.

I know that mobile isn't a big thing right now, however it is gaining pace and there are more internet enabled mobile devices than there are desktop computers.

food for thought

William