>Not every anchor needs extra advisory information, so I don't see an
>issue here.

The title attribute is optional, but a title can help to clearly and
accurately describe a link and for a website thats based around
accessibility he should be using the title attribute where needed. He
has an abbreviation in his link: 'FAQ' which should be wrapped in
<abbr></abbr> and he should use the title attribute here to add more
clarity. Just because we can understand it perfectly dont assume
everyone can.

>Why not? Who says he *should* use HTML? Sounds a bit blindly dogmatic to
>me here...

XHTML "was" going to become a replacement for HTML which is the reason
why everyone jumped on the XHTML wagon. Its a misconception that XHTML
has greater "benefits" then HTML, apart from the fact it forces the
developer to follow strict XML syntax rules. Any good developer can
use HTML correctly. The way i see it is if you have no use for XHTML
and your only using it because you 'believe' its better then there is
no need to use it.

Each to there own i guess but when i see a developer using HTML and
the markup is perfect i will give him credit. When i see someone
misusing elements in an XHTML document; they get no credit.

James