On 27/11/07 (13:17) James said:

>Hi Rick,
>
>I can't comment on the Visual Quickstart book as I haven't read it, but
>having only just started really looking at Javascript myself, I can
>vouch for Jeremy Keith's book being very good indeed. I have found it
>very easy to read (each chapter takes about 20-30 minutes to go through
>properly) and it has meant I have been able to implement unobtrusive DOM
>scripting to enhance pages and solve problems I've had hanging around
>for ages.
>
>I would suggest that even if the Visual Quickstart book is good, that it
>may be worth spending the time with the Keith book too.
>
>Hope that helps,
>
>James

Thanks James, that's really helpful.

I think I already know that I'm going to be buying Jeremy Keith's book,
truth be told (having been looking at a bunch of reviews of it on Amazon
etc since I posted to the list). Still, if anyone has an opinion on the
Visual Quickstart book as well, I'd be interested to hear it, just so I
know whether it's worth glancing at *at all*.

--
Rick Lecoat