On 12/8/07, Philippe Wittenbergh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2007, at 11:49 AM, Christian Montoya wrote:
>
> > I just created a layout tool: http://lab.christianmontoya.com/
> > construct/
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > If I could get some tests on older browsers and other operating
> > systems, that would be great. Thanks in advance!
>
> Gecko nightly builds (Camino & Minefield) seem to do what you expect.
> Of course, using 'J', 'K', 'L' triggers FAYT (Find as you type) when
> set to start automatically. Most people reasonably versed in the use
> of Gecko browsers have it set that way.
>
> Safari 3 doesn't get your keyboard input.
>
> OS X 10.4.11.

OK, I expected that. From what I know, jQuery keyboard events don't
work in Safari. As for FAYT, darn, that's good to know.

I'll probably add a "virtual button panel" to get around this issue,
but it's nice to at least be able to map keys in a couple browsers. Is
there any way at all to prevent the FAYT behavior? If I apply "return
false," will that work?

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.net