On Dec 10, 2007, at 3:36 AM, Christian Montoya wrote:

To set FAYT to work automatically, add
user_pref("accessibility.typeaheadfind.autostart", true);
in your user.js
(or use about:config).

OK, I added "return false;" to the keybindings and successfully
repressed FAYT in FF on WinVista, but I don't know if that works in
all gecko browsers.

Gecko is Gecko :-)
I checked your page with Fx 2 and the nightly builds of both Camino and Minefield: Fayt is not triggered. Camino 1.5 appears not to 'get' it here, Fayt is triggered anyway. I'll check if there is a known issue/limitation around that. But if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it.

There are a few known bugs with keybindings in current nightlies on Mac, but those should be fixed by the time Gecko 1.9 is released. None affected your test page.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>