On 10/12/2007, Hayden's Harness Attachment <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would like to appologize if I am off topic. I am not sure who to ask. I
> am using <!-- ... --!> to comment out a line in a PHP file. Firefox2.xwill
> use it to comment out a link and IE7 will not use. Am I doing the
> commenting a line out right?

For an HTML comment, you should use <!-- ... --> (no ! in the closing tag).
The reason it worked in Firefox is that it interprets *any* instance of "--"
as a closing comment tag. As far as I know, all other browsers will wait
until they get the standard "-->".

cheers,
Ben

--
--- <http://weblog.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not