Ultimately IE is "right" in that you can never tell a client their site doesn't work in IE but it fits the written technical standards. A client will always prefer a non web standard site that works in IE to one that is technically correct but errors out in the worlds most popular browser.

Michael Horowitz
Your Computer Consultant
http://yourcomputerconsultant.com
561-394-9079

Ben Buchanan wrote:

>> For an HTML comment, you should use <!-- ... --> (no ! in the closing tag). The reason it worked in >> Firefox is that it interprets *any* instance of "--" as a closing comment tag. As far as I know,
>> all other browsers will wait until they get the standard "-->".
> Firefox gets it right since these ("--") are the comment delimeters.
> "<!" and ">" are markup declaration delimiters.

True, although I see it as one of those times that it's "right" in the strict technical sense rather than a practical sense :) In general usage I think it's reasonable to expect the closing delimiter.

cheers,
Ben

--
--- <http://weblog.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not