I completely agree with most of the comments so far. Why create
functionality that is simply replicating the functionality of a browser?

There was an article on text resizing a while ago that I'm sure most people
are already aware of by Roger Johansson...

http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200709/scrap_text_resize_widgets_and_teach_people_how_to_resize_text/

I'd consider text resizing quite advanced compared to using the back button
so I personally think that trying to recreate this kind of functionality is
actually a step backwards in trying to educate our users.

http://www.dave-woods.co.uk