I'm with you there. I also check my sites without styling. Gives an idea if the document is well structured.

I'll be posting a link to the archive of this thread on the forum I regulary use. The common guide to people asking to mark up forms has been to use lists. It'll be interesting too see the discussion spark off there as well. Your article will be nice food for thoughts.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike at Green-Beast.com" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: [WSG] Styling forms

Hello Thomas,

But I'm not sure I feel comfortable with

I know developers are mostly split down the middle about this issue that I've seen. To me, and perhaps this is really silly, but I really like my sites to look and be just as usable with styles off as they are with styles on, and I find adding breaks really neatens up the form visually when viewing the site without styles, organizing it a bit. To me that's a positive thing.

I don't think the break use has any bearing on the accessibility of the form's elements so that doesn't seem to have bearing on my decision. No negatives that I'm aware of.

Semantically speaking, I think the introduction of a break is akin to adding a slight pause. I don't think that has any bearing on accessibility to that end either.

I will say this, though, I do respect the choice made by those who choose not to use it. So much so that the third version of my contact form script has a configuration variable called $add_breaks to which entering "yes" will add them in and entering "no" remove them. Each to their own I figured. No harm either way that I know of so I may as well be accommodating :)

Cheers.
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Thomassen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>