Completely unrelated but a minor bugbear from me - If you disable images,
then you can't read your links as they are white and the usual browser
background color default is white.  This can be remedied by adding a
background color of black to your body so that the links will now become
visible when images are disabled.  You can test this easily by using the Web
Developer toolbar for Firefox.
Cheers,

Ben

--