Is there a reason why not many sites adopt this Doctype and is there any
> point using right now if your site is 1.0 Strict?

Very very generally, I've found it's less critical which standard you use
than whether your stuff validates in your chosen standard.

Secondly, I see a lot of sites that speak about CSS3 and using parts of that
> now in the browsers that support it.

Basically what you're getting into there is the progressive enhancement
methodology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_enhancement).
Personally I think it's the way to go - give good stuff to the good
browsers, so long as it doesn't mess up the bad ones. That way IE doesn't
hold everything up.

cheers,
Ben

--
--- <http://weblog.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not