pardon me if I have missed something but have you tried posting this
question to the swfObject list over at google code?

also the comments made by Rick about flash scale mode are worth pursuing,
perhaps stage.align may help.

also may be helpful
http://www.actionscript.com/Article/tabid/54/ArticleID/full-browser-flash-part-1/Default.aspx

- S