On 20-May-08, at 8:43 PM, Rob Enslin wrote:

Please could someone help me decide which is the most appropriate tag to use with quotes?

The most appropriate tag to use is the <blockquote> element. I would mark up your content like so:

<q>

The <q> element should be used for "[...] short quotations (inline content) that don't require paragraph breaks." [1].

<cite>

The cite element (or citation) is used to specify the source of the quote, and to use it to mark up a quote would be semantically incorrect. [2]

Best,
 - Rahul.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/text.html#h-9.2.2
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/text.html#h-9.2.1