> >> No, its not. In this case, if any single browser breaks a related
> >> script, then the mark-up cannot be used - working on the majority is
> >> not enough to make it viable.
> >
> > Does that mean we should drop the ABBR element because IE
> > can't handle it properly?
> >

> In what way is that the same as the (ab)use in question?

Hi Mike,

This is how I understood your posts in the context of this thread:

Jason:
"you cannot reference a <fieldset> through DOM unless it is inside a <form>"

Hassan:
"An easy theory to test, and hence, to prove utterly wrong"

Mike:
"I am doubtful that you managed to test every browser & version known to
mankind before you replied - one or two combinations doesn't really make
effective proof!"

Hassan:
"Au contraire, one is enough to prove the contention wrong"

Mike:
"No, its not. In this case, if any single browser breaks a related script,
then the mark-up cannot be used"

To me, it sounds like you're saying that if a script breaks in a browser
because of how a particular element "behaves" in relation to the DOM, then
that element should not be used. And this is why I mentioned "ABBR" since IE
lt 7 creates "extra nodes" that makes most CSS and script fail.

Did I misunderstand that last post?

--
Regards,
Thierry | http://www.TJKDesign.com