On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 9:02 AM, Adam Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I personally think that marking up the logo with an h1 tag is a bad idea -
> is the company name really the most important aspect of every page? You
> should reserve the h1 for the most important title on the page.

Exactly.

The H1 should be used for the most important heading, usually the name
of the page: About Us, or the name of the product or whatever. The
company logo should be an IMG (so that it appears when printed) with
suitable alt text.

I don't see that there is any SEO benefit to marking up the logo with
an H1 - if your site doesn't rank for searches on your own company
name, you've got bigger problems.

--

- Matthew