I don't think you understand what we are talking about here entirely.
At first I was going to advice against it, but then I studied the
image he supplied and realised that there may be something about it.

Now personally, I am not for making something else move elsewhere on a
page, unless your intention is to confuse the viewer.  Cause I think
that's what will happen here.

Just keep the links "separated".  The only connection is the already
constructed one via the colours of the lists.

But tell me, why is Blood Sugar highlighted on the left, but does not
appear in the focused list?

Regards,
Svip

P.S. I apologise for the sloppy English, but my head is a mess today.