Sure I agree with you also, that is just a head ache. but if your txt is
scalable proportionally as a complete block without any width restriction and
the surrounding content division also scales proportionally like in elastic
layouts i think this works great! If the initial design width at 100% is made
viewable without scroll bars for a browser set to 800px or equivalent on say a
17" screen, as most people are viewing with a higher resolution say 1024x768 on
the same screen there is plenty of room for proportional scaling without
introducing that awful side scroll bar! unless of cause the persons site is so
bad that they are scaling to a size that no design with ever be able to cope
with!

>From: "Joseph Ortenzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>I agree with Rick here.
>>
>> Having to scroll horizontally is not only an accessibility issue but a
>> serious design issue. I challenge AI to find proof people don't mind  this
>> as all my research and experience says otherwise.
>
>Hi Joseph,
>
>I have no incentive to do formal research as I don't work as a usability
>consultant. As I stated in another post to this thread, an important
>criteria is the target audience.
>
>--
>Al Sparber - PVII
>http://www.projectseven.com
>Fully Automated Menu Systems | Galleries | Widgets
>http://www.projectseven.com/go/Elevators

>Help: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Barry Wardrop
redRoute Creative