On 10 Aug 2008, at 23:49, Hassan Schroeder wrote:
David Dorward wrote:

(Obviously you have to validate against a DTD that includes ARIA features)

Right, and the only thing I could find relating to this was:

 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "Accessible Adaptive Applications//EN"

This is a public identifier that I've never heard of ...

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>

... but this is the system identifier for plain old, regular XHTML 1.0 Strict.

:: which the validator rejects -- hence the question :-)

It doesn't really reject it, it just warns you that the combination doesn't make much sense.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/