Auto start false then let the audience choose if to play or not.
Kate
http://jungaling.com/Malaysia/
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
  Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 4:16 PM
  Subject: RE: [WSG] Acceptable autoplay of music

  On a more positive note - you could point out that having an embedded player
would allow the band to offer the user a choice of music, which would be a
better option than alienating many users. (Offering a client a 'better option'
usually goes down a lot better than 'don't do that!')

  From an accessibility angle, it shouldn't be too hard to see that those
people who are going to be most affected by this, ie those using a screen
reader on top of a normal browser, are likely to be those least able to deal
with turning if off, whatever the mechanism. As others have said, the easiest
option for most users is to kill the browser/window/tab.

  Mike