Hi,

What was the poll and are the results publicly available?

There is a difference in asking if a user would like to have javascript turned off and them actually having it turned off, check: http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2008/November/javas.php only 6% have it off, and many of these will be down to their browser not supporting js (phones and older browsers).

You do use server side validation on all forms, in addition to any js... right?

cheers
Luke

Brett Patterson wrote:
I know that most, if not possible to say all, Web page designers use JavaScript for form validation. During a recent poll done by a few local colleges, 41.2% of the people who responded stated that they would rather not have to enable JavaScript, but on rare occasion they do for certain sites that require JS for use of their forms to buy or sign up for something. After reading this, I did some research, and could not find any tag attributes for form elements that would not require the use JS for form validation.

Therefore, I was wondering if it would be feasible to include a standard that would use a syntax similar (does not actually *have* to be this way) to selected="selected"? In which case, the syntax would be required="required". Or, if it is an email input (i.e. Your e-mail address:<input type="text" required="required; include:@" />).

--
Brett P.