Dear list,

I'm involved in a CMS-based website project where the supplier has provided me with a breakdown of costs - before I sign it off.

One of the items highlighted in the breakdown is a footer-accessed link for a text-only version. The supplier claims it's the same technology used/developed by the BBC - called Betsie.

Do you think it's a service I should be paying for? Although not expensive, I'm wondering why the 'functionality' needs to be highlighted at all? Surely, it's the same as saying we'll charge you separately for css or html markup?

Thoughts...

Thanks,

-- Rob

// Rob Enslin