Rob -

What I would interpret that to mean is that, by clicking on the link in the footer, the visitor will be presented the content either without any graphics or without any graphics or CSS. If it were merely a matter of the CSS being removed, that shouldn't be a billable item. However, if all graphics are removed from the page, then you would have a different version of the page and that would be billable, though it would likely involve less time to modify the original template to have a text-only version.

In either case, I would seek detailed clarification of that line item from their estimate.