De : li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] De la
part de Patrick Lauke
Envoyé : vendredi 12 décembre 2008 11:39
À : wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Objet : RE: [WSG]WCAG 2.0 enlarging text to 200% ?

> Heather

> With WCAG 2.0 finally coming out yesterday - I was wondering how many
ctrl + clicks in (firefox for example) 200% is?

> I would say it was 3 but some colleagues argue 2 or 4 ? Any
suggestions?

I'd say conceptually that's quite a nitpicky argument...say a page broke
spectacularly after 4 resize steps...would they then argue "but it
passes WCAG 2.0's SC, because it's 3 steps that go to 200%"? Also, by
default, Firefox 3 has whole page zoom (text, images and all) enabled,
and has to explicitly be set to only resize text.

With that said, go to about:config and look for
toolkit.zoomManager.zoomValues, and this will show the various zoom
factors at each step. In my case (which should be the default) these
are:

.3, .5, .67, .8, .9, 1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.33, 1.5, 1.7, 2, 2.4, 3

So, nominally 200% (which, according to the "Understanding..." bit for
that SC, means "200%, that is, up to twice the width and height" - so
really a 400% increase in total area) is actually 6 steps, if you want
to go purely by numbers.

________________________________
Patrick H. Lauke
Web Editor