Heather wrote:
I'm not really understanding this point very well and I'm not sure how this is measurable and testable across a wide range of platforms? What if the websites default size is set in percentage to 75% and then another website has default setting of 110%?

Doesn't really matter as long as it can handle 200% resizing measured
against a browser's own "web page normal text" defaults.

---> Large scale (text) Note 4: When using text without specifying the font size, the smallest font size used on major browsers for unspecified text would be a reasonable size to assume for the font. If a level 1 heading is rendered in 14pt bold or higher on major browsers, then it would be reasonable to assume it is large text. Relative scaling can be calculated from the default sizes in a similar fashion.

"Web page normal text" defaults to 16px on 96DPI screens in nearly all
my browsers on that resolution. Checking default-settings on other
resolutions is easy, as one only has to override, or ignore, a page's
own font-size declarations and leave the browser's own settings at default.

Checking web pages ability to handle browser-defaults, usually messes up
a large number of pages too a point where further testing becomes a
purely academical exercise.

So, when I really want to test if a page can take 200% font resizing, I
blow it up by setting "minimum font size" to around 32px on my screens -
that's 200% of browser's own default at my end. I use use such testing
to see if my own designs are reasonable accessible when put under stress.

Of course, this blows most designed web pages apart to a point where
content becomes covered up and inaccessible, and then it doesn't matter
much if someone has figured out whether these pages meet a WCAG
checkpoint or not.

Too much font resizing? Well, maybe. At least one is somewhat on the
safe side with regards to that particular WCAG2 guideline if a document
survives reasonable well and remains accessible and usable.
Once that test is over it is time to zoom the page and see what happens...

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no