From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of Henrik Madsen
Sent: Friday, 23 January 2009 19:37
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] CSS IE6/7 - what a surprise

HI all,

I'm hoping there's a simple solution to my two problems.

All looks fine in Mac browsers x5 and IE8b2 (according to netrenderer) but not
in:

IE6 - Mysterious margins are appearing between the header and the top menu and
in both coloured boxes in the right hand column of the main content.

IE6+7 - the coloured boxes are not 'expanding' to contain the content (in this
case a floated image in both)

I found this CSS as an alternative to a clearing div and it seems to fix things
in other browsers - except those IE's:

#NameofContainingDiv:after {
                clear: both;
                content: ".";
                display: block;
                height: 0px;
                visibility: hidden;
}

Would anyone be able to have a look?

Here's the link:

http://www.igenerator.com.au/dev/sm09/homepage.html

Any other thoughts, comments, suggestions - always appreciated.

TIA,

Henrik Madsen
Generator
hen...@igenerator.com.au<mailto:hen...@igenerator.com.au>