_javascript_ should be implemented only to supplement / layer existing functionality. Your site should operate just fine without it... There are always exceptions to this rule however you shouldn't let _javascript_ dictate how you code.

Thanks,
Anthony.

Sven Dowideit wrote:
I have JS disabled, and only enable it for sites which I decide I need
it working.

Due to the way I work, I often have hundreds of browser tabs open
and I can leave them open for weeks with JS off.

I also find it educational to see which sites have non-functional forms
because they have used JS only to drive them, or who's layout is totally
governed by multimedia

For example, this last month we were looking into buying a car, and the
only conclusion I could come to, is that most car manufacturers are not
interested in selling cars, rather than they are failing media outlet
wannabes.

Sven