David Lane wrote:
Given the increased number of threats and the availability of slick
script blocker extensions for Firefox like NoScript
(http://noscript.net/) it's only going to get more common, particularly
among security conscious people. I certainly use it, only enabling
Javascript for a site I'm visiting when I can see what benefit it has to
me.

As good as it is to hear anecdotal evidence from expert users such as list members here, I'd say it's much more important to bring some actual live user stats to the table. Most "normal" users don't even know that "the internet" is not just the blue E on their desktop, or what javascript is, or how to install extensions, or what security threats are. Heck, most don't even know that they can zoom/text resize/print most of the time, without having a widget or icon on the actual pages.

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com