On 2009/02/03 15:13 (GMT-0500) Brett Patterson composed:

> On 2009/02/03 19:54 (GMT+0100) Gunlaug Sørtun composed:

> I really don't understand what you mean, when you say:

>> It's a designer-bug. Vertical position of the navigation relies entirely
>> on font size, which means it is all over the place in my browsers on
>> first load.

Users' browser defaults, and minimum text sizes, and zoom levels, vary,
mostly upward from the sizes designers prefer. As a consequence, positioning
with font size as the base reference usually means unpredictability of
results in the wild.

> ...using pixels for a font size...

Px for sizing text is your affirmative design choice that whatever text sizes
are acceptable to or preferred by your design's visitors are utterly
irrelevant, and not a matter of design consideration.
--
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your
mouths, but only what is helpful for building

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/