To Mike, with what I am currently applying this code to it won't work,
unfortunately. But, thanks for the link, it will be needed for a project to
be completed in the near future. ;)

To Luke, thanks for the link on the search, I will delve into it in a bit.
:)

To Lewis, Matthew, the link you gave me, gives me...somewhat...the desired
result, however, the code I am forced to apply it to cannot be changed, so
instead of just the background becoming semi-transparent, the whole thing is
transparent. :(

The site I am applying this code to, was built completely with tables,
sub-tables, sub-sub-tables, etc. Few, if any, (I believe only a few main
tables) have id and class attributes to them. A sample of the css targeting
for these tables appears below:

table table table td
 {
 background-image:url("
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv31/learnTheGame/madeown/ohtransparency.png
");
 filter:alpha(opacity=10);
 -moz-opacity:0.1;
 opacity: 0.1;
 -khtml-opacity:10;
 }

table table table table td
 {
 filter:alpha(opacity=100);
 -moz-opacity:100;
 opacity:1.0;
 -khtml-opacity:100;
 }

table table table table
 {
 border:0px;
 }

I think the site itself was created with some sort of standard table-only
page creator...but, I cannot honestly say for sure. There is no way for me
to access any code other than what is located within the CSS style sheet, as
permissions will not allow me to. That being said, is there a way, using the
above CSS code, to not force all content within the individual Table (td)
tags to become transparent as well, only the background of the tables and
td's?

--
Brett P.