Don't give into design by committee, just look at how it ruined Tim Berner-Lee's original vision for the web. He is only starting to claw some of it back with his recent Semantic Web work.

John Horner wrote:
Thanks for all the discussion so far. It seems I'll have to re-code. I will definitely not be using _javascript_. It seems entirely logical to me that there should be such a thing as a button, which can exist outside a form, which has an HREF attribute or can be wrapped in an anchor. But if there isn't, I guess I have to accept that.

The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and
may contain legally privileged or copyright material.   It is intended only for
the use of the addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient of this
email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this email or
any attachments.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system.  The ABC does not
represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or virus free.   Before
opening any attachment you should check for viruses.  The ABC's liability is
limited to resupplying any email and attachments.

Rob Turner
Company Leader

www. f l e x a d a t a .com
+1 415 448 7652