From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of Peter Dolkens
Sent: 25 February 2009 15:56
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] inserting text in to IE8

Dunno about your IE problems, but it doesn't work in firefox at all.

Inserting text from the clipboard has always been an issue between browsers,
and it was proven a while back that IE browsers could be exploited to steal
passwords etc that you copy to your clipboard by pasting the clipboard into
hidden regions and posting them back to a server.

I'm going to go ahead and say that this is Microsofts attempt to keep the
poeple that found this exploit happy, or at least squash the bad press a little
bit.