On 2009/04/08 07:16 (GMT+0100) Matthew Pennell composed:

> A user's choice of technology is not an accessibility issue. If people want
> to view content on the web, they have to make sure they are using suitable
> hardware and software - using a 10-year-old browser doesn't qualify, IMO.

The antithesis to this is that everyone should endeavor to have the latest
hardware, as well as the lastest software versions, which often requires
newish hardware.

A requirement for newish hardware is a an ecologically bankrupt position to
take. Our landfills have been filling up much too fast for much too long.
Better to help old hardware stay out of landfills as long as possible by any
*reasonable* means. To me reasonable means ensuring a site is usable without
Flash, JS, images capability, or a competent modern browser.

If you're not up to speed on the current state of the ecology, I recommend
watching this movie: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0950758/
--
"He who works his land will have abundant food, but the
one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/