From: Felix Miata
Sender: li...@webstandardsgroup.org
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
ReplyTo: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Box model in IE7
Sent: Apr 24, 2009 11:11 AM

On 2009/04/24 12:47 (GMT+0300) Rimantas Liubertas composed:

> And there is NOTHING wrong with pixel sizes.

On the contrary, everything is wrong with pixel sizing fonts, because any
"size" in px totally disregards the size the visitor has set in his browser
prefs, and thus cannot be expected to be pleasant, or even legible. The worst
feature of the CSS legacy given designers last century is this ability to
totally disregard the wishes of the visitor by sizing in px.

OTOH, fonts sized to medium (1em, 100%) have a reasonable, if not high, and
thus much better, chance of being exactly perfect for the visitor.
--
"He who works his land will have abundant food, but the
one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/