Ah the joys of Magento. The only thing I can think off is to use a separate
style sheet for IE8, shouldn't be too big a file as IE8 seems to render a
lot of stuff similar to FireFox.

-----Original Message-----
From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of tee
Sent: 26 May 2009 22:53
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] encounter the first IE8 bug

Stumble on this bug in IE8 only that I don't how to fix, except giving a
negative left margin to pull it back, but I am hoping maybe there is a
better way to do this.

I can't show the site but here is another semi-done site that I can
show that uses the same code for that section and it is showing
exactly the same bug.

http://www.fengshuifabulous.com/jewelry.html
In the search field, if you enter "beads"  it triggers the ajax auto-
complete, in IE8, the dropdown is off the search div and get pulled to the
right.

The code :
#header_search  .search-autocomplete { border:2px solid #82d12e;
background:#fff;width:162px!important; border-top: 0;margin-top: -1px;}
.search-autocomplete li { border-bottom:1px solid #f4eee7; padding:2px 4px
1px 8px; cursor:pointer; }

I have not fixed anything for IE6/7 for this site yet, so don't bother to
check them out as this is an IE8 issue. Anyhow, for the site that I can't
show, the fix for IE6/7 is re-adjusting margin and width in 'li'.

Thanks in advanced.

tee

08:53:00