On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:52 PM, tee wrote:

> http://www.fengshuifabulous.com/jewelry.html
> In the search field, if you enter "beads"  it triggers the ajax
> auto-complete, in IE8, the dropdown is off the search div and get pulled to
> the right.

As Сергей pointed out, the problem is in the scripts that add a left
value for the absolutely positioned element with the suggestions. This
left value is computed based on properties of other elements and the
result is not correct for IE8. I cannot say if this is a bug or simply
a different behavior.
The computation is inside the prototype.js part of your script, that
already has "corrections" for some browsers. Apparently IE8 needs a
similar correction, but it is not there.
If you have a look here:
  http://brunildo.org/test/test/jewelry.html
I have copied your page and your scripts and added a correction line
in the latter (correction at the moment fed to all browsers). This
seems to correct the IE8 issue (and probably breaks someone else, but
it should be easy to send it just to IE8).  The best thing would
probably to check this with the "prototype" community.

Best regards,
Bruno

PS: In order to have the ajax work in the copied page no more on the
original domain, I've used a "fixed" suggestion set.

--
Bruno Fassino http://www.brunildo.org/test