At 6/1/2009 07:34 AM, Brett Patterson wrote:
It has recently come to my attention the struggles of an end-user when viewing images for any user. I have seen sites such as Facebook, MySpace, and other sites where pictures are hosted use roll-overs for recognizing certain parts of an image. I realize that this can be done using image maps as well as when using image mapping, I can add alternative text not only to the img tag itself, but the maps as well to show and describe certain features I feel are important. Are there recommendations for or against this approach?

Also consider CSS image maps with pop-ups, e.g.: http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/imap by Stu Nicholls.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Novitski