From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of Ben Lau
Sent: 01 July 2009 16:20
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] working with line-height

Hi list,

I frequently have to work with pixel-perfect design, and I'm always having
trouble with line-height in particular. Please take a look at this example:
http://www.hellobenlau.net/wsg/index.html

I'm wondering if there was a way to top align the text to its line-height. So
say, with text size 20px, could the top of the 'T' be aligned to the top of the
pink box?
How does the 'gap' above and below the text gets calculated?

Thanks
Ben

[]

________________________________
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be
legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or
transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the author by
replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email. In addition you must
erase all information contained in this email immediately after notifying the
author. No liability is accepted for viruses and it is your responsibility to
scan attachments (if any). Unless related to the business of the firm, the
opinions expressed within this email are the opinions of the sender and do not
necessarily constitute those of Conscia Enterprise Systems Ltd, whose
registered address is 280 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5RL, United Kingdom.