2009/7/8 Dennis Lapcewich <dlapcew...@fs.fed.us>:

> I did not write the above.  Please do not attribute to me another's comments
> in this accessibility thread.  Please make sure you attribute correctly so
> as to avoid a misquote, at best, or disingenuous intent, at worst.  My
> original comment concerned itself with a medical condition that in time,
> literally affects 100 percent of the human population.  While onset of
> presbyopia is often described in the literature in the 40s and later, it is
> not unheard of to have symptoms beginning at age 35-40.

Dennis is quite right - I wrote the quoted "While I agree with your
general sentiment..." sentence. Have to be careful with those indents
and attributions.

I stand by my comment, by the way: while I strongly agree that
accessibility is a core aspect of web design, extrapolating "it's not
unheard of to have symptoms beginning at age 35-40" to "[all people
aged 35-40 or more are] for all intents and purposes [...] web
disabled and [...] in immediate need of web accessibility" is clearly
overstating the case.  It's unnecessary, as the case for good
accessibility is very strong anyway, and only gets weakened by making
exaggerated claims.